- Contestants must be at least 18 years old.
- Each contestant will receive a plate of fresh jalapeño peppers.
- Contestants may only eat one pepper during the first minute.
- Contestants will then have two (2) minutes to eat as many peppers as possible, one pepper at a time.
- Peppers must be eaten down to within 1/8 inch of the cap to be counted.
- Contestants will not be allowed any other foods or beverages during the contest.
- Contestants will be disqualified if they are unable to keep the peppers down.
- Contestants cannot coat the inside of their mouths with any kind of protective coating.
Anyone caught doing so will be disqualified.
- The contestant with the most stems on their plate after time has been called will be the winner. Contestants will be allowed to finish any pepper remaining in their mouths when time is called.
- Should there be a tie, contestants will be given additional peppers and one (1) more minute of time.
- First, second, and third place winners will receive prizes.
- Entry forms must be completed at the Information Table next to the Lyric Theatre by 8:30 p.m.
There will be a maximum of six (6) contestants.
- The contest will begin at 9:00.
Jalapeño Eating Contest
Vendor Applications are no longer being accepted.